Pro/ENGINEER (PTC Creo) is an integrated 3D CAD/CAM/CAE associative solid modeling software which enables design automation and optimization for concept designing and product development.
A parametric and feature-based software, Pro/E is helps in refining concepts, designs and ideas and converting them to finished layouts and detailed drawings as per a given engineering specification.
Unlike other regular CAD/CAM systems which are based on multiple databases, Creo Elements/Pro delivers a complete set of design, analysis and manufacturing capabilities into a single, integral, scalable platform. Built on a unified database, the software maximizes innovation, product quality & profitability.
A wide range of integrated capabilities like Finite Element Analysis, Rapid Prototyping, Solid Modeling, Surfacing, Rendering, Data Interoperability, Routed Systems Design, Simulation, Tolerance Analysis, NC and Tooling Design etc, makes Pro/E a highly versatile software ensuring design agility and productivity.
The training equips you with the practical and industrial know-how like providing CAD conceptual designs layout and detail drawings of products; revise and redraw production drawings of products, perform tolerance analysis on critical assemblies, do basic engineering design calculations etc.
FEATURES AT A GLANCE:
- Faster and easier design changes!
- Instant design modifications with real-time, dynamic feature editing
- Intuitive user interface (UI) commands
- Simplified work-flow and trouble-free designing
- Accelerate time to productivity
- User Experience enhancements like graphical browsing, context-sensitive UI etc enables simplified tasks and better navigation through model tree and new sheet tabs
- Accurate previews
- New TrueType fonts to improve quality and reduce file size
- Design in a multi-CAD environment faster!
- CAD interoperability; increased native support for other CAD systems and non-geometric data exchange
- Rendering exploded-state animations
- Option to’Open Last Session’ to fully restore previous session models
- Integrated Creo Elements/Pro applications
- Pro Spark Analysis Extension, digital human modeling solution etc.
- Increase collaboration efficiency with breakthrough social product development capabilities
- Enhanced real-time photorealistic shadows and reflections
- perspective views, and exploded-state animations rendering
- Graphical browsing and thumbnails of files so users can find the right file fast
- Open last session option to fully restore models from the last session
- Named views with thumbnails to quickly reach different views of models
Any pre-experience in CAD is not mandatory. But basics in AutoCAD or familiarity with any CAD software would be beneficial .
Pro/E techniques and tools are applied in areas where there is a prescriptive design strategy or a more complex geometry. The software is a popular and preferred tool for Electromechanical design drafting practices and is applied in a wide range of industries like Consumer Products, Airlines & Automotive, Footwear & Apparel, Medical Devices, Electronics, Industrial Equipment, Aerospace etc.